.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JandP

Friday, October 09, 2009

Obama's peace prize

When I saw on the BBC this morning that Barack Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize, I first watched his brief (and I thought very good) message. Then I looked at the many responses already showing up from around the world. The least surprising was Michelle Malkin's hissy fit. The one I like the most came from Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency:

"There is nobody today in my view who is more deserving of that peace prize than Barack Obama. In less than a year he brought a radical change in the way we look at ourselves, in the way we look at our world. He is restoring the basic core values that every one of us should live by - dialogue, respect, democracy, due process, human rights, a security system that does not depend on nuclear weapons. His dedication to these values rekindles hope that, finally, we could have a world at peace with itself."

\