.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JandP

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hopeless Democrats

Here I am, asking myself again why on earth I'm still a Democrat. I suppose it is mainly because of a deep-set hope that one of these days the turkeys running the show are going to go away and some real leaders will take over. Perhaps from among those outstanding few who don't kowtow to anybody and don't keep a Republican-lite mask in purse or pocket.

Case in point: Today on Meet the Press, Senator Schumer of New York was asked if he now regretted voting for the war on Iraq. He very rapidly said No and then even more rapidly began to babble off in another direction.

And so it still goes: John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, et al. Chicken-livered, each one.

(I would vote for Maureen Dowd for Senate, House or president; she speaks plain English and she can spell hypocrisy, cowardice and betrayal.)