.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JandP

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A personal note

Almost every night since George W. Bush first moved into the White House, I have sent out articles to a list I called (like this blog) "j&p" - justice and peace. But beginning last Saturday, my ISP (Cox) would not send out any of the articles to the 135 people on the list. Over those four days I just kept getting a cryptic message that basically said I was a potential spammer.

After carefully going through the Cox website, talking by phone with one of their (courteous) reps and sending email to the company, all I ended up with was useless automated email responses. Then I finally reached someone on the Cox phone who had some answers. He said that long lists are being seen as potential spam and told me not to go above 20 recipients per list. (Apparently these limits are becoming common all around.) Not willing to post each article to seven separate j&p lists every night, I decided to shut down my little operation of seven years.

I've informed everyone who was on the list that I will try - as a partial replacement - to post to this blog each night.

ricardo
jan. 30, 2008